I2SysBio is organized under Scientific Programs and Research Groups. Scientific Programs (SP) are large research lines encompassing one or more thematically related research groups. Research Group (RG) refers to a team of one or more Principal Investigators (PIs) and other researchers, trainees, technicians and support staff under their supervision. The RG represent the basic research unit at the I2SysBio for assessment and allocation of space. The SP are understood to be dynamic and must necessarily evolve to incorporate new research and novel developments in Integrative Systems Biology. Therefore, the SP would be regrouped, modified, expanded or suppressed in order to maintain quality and retain a competitive position following the suggestions of the Scientific Committee at I2SysBio.
Initially, RG at I2SysBio are thematically organized into five SP:
- Theoretical and Computational Biology.
- Systems Biology of Molecular Interactions and Regulation.
- Pathogen Systems Biology.
- Evolutionary Systems Biology of Symbionts.
- Industrial Systems Biology and Synthetic Biology.