I2SysBio mission and vision
The I2SysBio is a joint collaborative research institute involving Universitat de València and Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), open to the strategic involvement of biotech companies. The institute is located in a new building in the Scientific Park (Parc Científic, Campus Burjassot-Paterna) of the Universitat de València. The I2SysBio Scientific Programs focus on research into structure, function, dynamics, evolution, and manipulation of complex biological systems.
The mission of I2SysBio can be defined within five areas of action:
- Create a multi- and inter-disciplinary work environment where scientists from different backgrounds work together dynamically and continuously to solve common problems.
- Develop high-quality research and achieve excellence in the field of integrative systems biology.
- Produce high value-added knowledge with potential transfer to industry.
- Train researchers in a multidisciplinary field with broad future projection.
- Boost the development of integrative systems biology in Spain.
The I2SysBio’s aim is to become an international reference center in the development of integrative systems biology and, in particular, from an evolutionary perspective. At the same time, the I2SysBio seeks to provide solutions to problems that may arise in the pharmaceutical, biotechnological, biomedical and agribusiness sectors that are open to a systems approach (e.g., through metabolic engineering and synthetic biology).
The I2SysBio will be backed by a Scientific Committee. This committee will comprise renowned researchers in the area of integrative systems biology.